Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday, January 4th 2010: Day 1.



Well, it has arrived. My first day of a new life. If you are going to follow me on this blog I thank you for your support. :^) Not sure if you have to sign up for an account to "officially" follow me and make comments. If you don't want to do that you can just bookmark my blog and check back.

So what is this blog, A new way of Life, about???? It's about me and the steps I will be taking on turning my previous eating habits around and being healthy. My entire life I have struggled with being over weight. I went through my pre-teen, teen and beyond now with all this xtra baggage hanging on me and I'm tired. I want to feel pretty. I want to feel sexy. (LOL stupid huh?) Contrary to what society may stereotype me as, I am NOT a lazy person. Just because a person is over weight, or obese doesn't make them lazy, sloppy, stinky.... I could go on but you get the point. I agree there are some that don't help the cause but the majority of us are not.

I'm not going to dwell on the past or stereotypes, after all that isn't what this blog is about. :^) It''s about A new way of Life!!

I went grocery shopping yesterday and spent about $130!!! YIKES. But, I am sure it will be worth it. If anyone is shopping on a real tight budget...go to Aldi. They have great stuff at a fraction of the cost. Now, the produce isn't that great all the time but for everything else its awesome. They also have a HUGE variety of healthy brand food too. They call it Fit and Active. Good stuff.

So this is how I plan on doing this (notice I said plan, LOL extenuating circumstances may apply hehehe) I am going to try to blog everyday or every other day about what I am doing to stay on my goal. I am following WW so I will write down, journal if you will, what I ate and how many points it was and what I have left, point wise to eat. The most important thing to do (as they say) is eat all your points. Well, when you have 45 points a day.........that's a lot of food.....even for me. For those of you who don't follow WW and don't know, trust me it is a LOT of food. So, I am not going to critisize myself if I don't eat all my points in a day. Once my body gets into the new routine, I am going to start up with the Wii Active that I bought. I don't want to start that the first day. To much at one time could be a bad thing. So I will wait until next Monday to start that. Give my body a good week to adjust. I will "weigh-in" so to speak every Monday morning before breakfast. I will also try to post before and after pictures.

Now for my first Short term and Long term goals....

My first Short term goal will be to lose 5% of my weight
My first Long term goal will be to weigh 299 lbs by Christmas 2010

Time to go step on that scale. I reeeeeeeeally don't want to but its pretty imparative that I do it is the whole point of this thing after all. LOL. See you tonight with the report and update on the goals listed above.

**Hugz***

Followers